Friday, February 17, 2012

Lead with your heart

I am currently taking my yoga teacher training & last wknd I put together my first class sequence. Its a lot harder than it seems bcos so many things have to go into ur planning. I love it tho bcos it allows me to be creative in a lot of diff ways. The underlying theme I tied into the 30 min lesson plan was learning to lead with your heart. I was inspired by Valentines day since it was right around the corner.

Photo: Robert Sturman / Pose: Camatkarasana - Wild thing
Valentines is one of my favorite "holidays." Even tho the reasons for why its my favorite holiday have changed thru-out the years, for me its always been a celebration of love. I used to give it a romantic meaning in my teens & that slowly shifted to a sense of gratitude for my family & friends.

Then I started practicing yoga & THAT became my focus for a few years & THAT became my love. The more I practiced, the more my heart opened & naturally, that led me on a path to self love. When you are in that heart space you start to see the world differently. Instead of finding myself falling in love with Prince Charming, I found myself falling in love with life.

When you lead with your heart, you automatically become more in tune with the world around you & that's when you can create beautiful things. So in today's practice let's lead with our hearts. Each pose expresses love in a different way. This short sequence will taking you into Camatkarasana aka Wild Thing.


11 comments:

  1. wow!!! nice pics!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you're becoming a yoga teacher. I just recently started and have so much to learn, but love it already. It's so challenging but the way it makes you feel is so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics!! I follow your blog, would love you to check out my blog and follow back :) http://blissfulbeautyxox.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! love the pics! Very Beautiful.

    Mary
    simplybeautifulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These images are so beautiful and magical! I really wanna take yoga classes as well!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gorgeous photos. SO GLAD i came across your blog, love it! You are stunning Alicia :)
    maybe I can learn a tip or two from you about yoga lol, my balancing is blehh LOL

    Hope you can come check out my blog if you have time, and say a quick hey.. and if you like it, maybe follow me back too? I would appreciate it heaps thanks hun :) x

    looking forward to your more of your awesome posts


    http://makemeuppink25.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, teaching yoga! I can't even get through one class. Love the images
    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried yoga before! I enjoyed reading this post :D
    it's very hard to lead with me heart most times when there are gazillion thoughts inside my mind but the quiet times are precious :)))

    Win
    www.zewinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool, this is neat to see that you're so into yoga now! You must be awesome. I miss my practice. I've yet to find a new studio I can afford haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm.. this post was actually rather inspiring. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

hi luv. speak your mind...whisper your secrets...kiss your words as you blow them into my ears

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...