Monday, February 20, 2012

Cindee's beauty tips inspired by Audrey Hepburn



Being a girl is so much fun. When it comes to beauty we have all kinds of things to keep us busy. And now with YouTube and blogs we can share our tips so easily. I think it great to be a girl or let me re-phrase that - its such an amazing thing to be a woman. Especially in this day and age.

One thing I've been thinking about is how much time us woman put into our outer appearance. Hair care(which I've been neglecting), getting healthy looking skin, makeup to emphasize our features, having fun & being creative with getting our nails done, waxing, exfoliating, tanning, working out at the gym....the list goes on.

When you take care of your appearance it shows that you take care of yourself. It doesn't mean you are being superficial unless you emphasize your efforts ONLY in the physical. So what if you have the most luscious lips, if every word you speak is negative. So what if you have the most beautiful bambi eyes and the longest eye lashes, if you aren't able to see the goodness in life? I was inspired by Audrey Hepburn's classic quote:


credit { Igor + Andre }
"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.

For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.

For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.

For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of each of your arms. As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.

The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode, but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.

It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows.

The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years."

credit { Igor + Andre }

I am definitely still working on a lot of these but here is my take:

For lovely eyes
♥ Smile with ur eyes(i call it Sm-eyes). You can tell a genuine smile from a insincere one easily. Smiling from the mouth is only half of it. The other half is in the eyes. Eyes are very powerful in communicating how you feel about someone. Why not make someone feel important and special this way. I think I've mastered this when Im having my photo taken but I have to remind myself to bring it into my daily life. When I do, its been life enhancing.
♥ See the good in you. Notice how you talk to yourself? Is it positive, kind, forgiving? Or is it negative, harsh, critical? Its ok to have things you're not happy with but accept that. Acknowledge that everyone, including yourself has a beautiful light to shine into the world. Sometimes it can get dim but focusing on your strengths is one of the most powerful things u can do for urself.
♥ Look for ppl's good qualities. Everyone has many! You could help someone see something they havent been able to see in themselves & it could make a world of difference to them. We all want to be acknowledged & seen.
♥ See the beauty in your life. There is beauty in all things, if only you choose to see them. It doesn't mean being in denial or ignoring an issue in ur life. It means fully embracing it

For beautiful lips:
♥ Watch what kind of words come out of your mouth. Easier said than done but just pay attention. What kind of energy do you want to put into this world? Words are powerful.
♥ Avoid gossip. I know this can be difficult but ask urself what you gain from it.
♥ Laugh more. It shows that you don't take life too seriously. I honestly don't find a lot of things funny - yes esp when I watch Ben Stiller movies =P lol but I realized that things don't have to be funny to cause laughter. It happens naturally when you're having fun. What can you do to add more fun into your life?
♥ I find ppl who genuinely smile so attractive. What is one of the top qualities ppl find attractive in the opposite sex? It's usually the smile that makes the heart skip a beat. We were having this discussion at dinner Sunday night.



For a nice figure:
♥ Im not gonna tell you to stop eating meat bcos that's not realistic for some ppl. But what I do suggest is to be more aware of where the food you eat comes from. Animals that are unethically killed for their meat release a chemical into their body caused from the fear they feel when they're being brutally butchered. It's a toxin along with all the other chemicals & steroids that you're putting in ur body. Do you want that kind of energy in ur body? I think our consciousness has raised enough to understand that this is not right. Its a responsibility not an obligation to the planet
♥ Drink more water
♥ Get those muscles moving and when you can, walk instead of drive. Reduce those emissions. I need to do this more. I hate Calgary's transit system & cold weather but those are just excuses =P
♥ Be kind to your body. Appreciate what it does for you & develop some compassion for it. Yes Im a shorty & I've worn heels all my life. It's not until very recently that I've slowly minimized my wear of them. I still do but not as often. Why the change of heart? I've realized how magnificent our bodies are...how it functions, heals and protects us. I start to feel bad when I am purposely harming and hurting it. Forgive me fashion for I have sinned lol*
♥ Walk with confidence. Walk knowing who you are and what your values are. When you shine you allow others to do the same.

15 comments:

  1. i love these images going alongside the tender words, invigorates my femininity and the importance of putting as much into your inside as your outside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Audrey Hepburn. Your words are truly inspirational Cindee, I'm quite hard and critical on myself. I accept others a lot easier then I do myself and I think it's time I start accepting myself more too. Thanks hun. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beauty tips!!! Awesome post, I only finished about half of it (at work oops) but will finish it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this post was truly inspiring!! i love audrey's quotes and i love your tips aswell! i love how you focused on inner beauty (although outter beauty is nice also lol!). im definitely going to smile more, be less negative, and see the good in people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post, very in depth, well written, and adviced filled. I could learn to follow a lot of the tips you gave, the thing is, I know most of them but I don't do a lot of them. People don't change like that but a little encouraging words do a lot.

    Definitely going to be revisiting this post to re read, really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely and inspiring post, Cindee! I've always loved that quote from Audrey Hepburn. I needed to read this today, thank you for the encouragement!:) Great tips, as well! -A

    Blurbs|Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these wonderful tips! Great for the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post!<3 we all gotta love more

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Cindee. Some really pretty girls you will see, you would never notice their beauty because of their bad personality. You really do need both, and being pretty on the inside always shines through. And a girl cursing to me is just so unattractive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved reading this post, it's so inspiring and so uplifting! and i agree, it's fun being a girl. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post!

    http://purrincup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. ♥ your inspiring posts!
    p.s:
    Congratulations, I have awarded you the versatile blogger award because I love your blog! Pick up your award from http://amities-leonie.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile.html and then follow these steps:

    The rules for this award:

    1. Thank the person that nominated you, and give a shout out on your blog to them with a link to theirs.
    2. Share 7 random facts about yourself
    3. Send the blog award to 15 other bloggers whose blog you love and appreciate and let them know they won the award.

    Leonie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Cindee, this is a great and inspiration post. I love it! Thanks so much. :) Hope you are well, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful and meaningful. Thanx for sharing this Cindee. It's so inspirational and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete

hi luv. speak your mind...whisper your secrets...kiss your words as you blow them into my ears

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...