Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday - L.A California


I love California. Ok - to be more specific, I love L.A. Particularly the weather. It's looking quite like a mirage in the desert right now since Im suffering in this cold city I live in. It's been below -30 for the past few days and I need a bit of sunshine. That's probly why I decided to post these photos.

How do you guys feel about traveling? Do you find it a treat like an occasional trip to the icecream parlor? Do you find it a necessity like fish needing water? Or is it something you find anxiety in like last minute christmas shopping? Its interesting that not many ppl share my love for travel. The first time I came across such a person I thought they were joking. But as the shock settled in I realized that not everyone is made the same way. I totally respect that bcos we all have our own ways of finding enjoyment...and shall i dare to say fulfilling?

Yes - to ME it is fulfilling. I think a lot of it has to do with how present you are in every moment. You cant help but have fresh eyes in a place you are unfamiliar with & you learn so much about yourself and gain a diff perspective to life. Its trying to bring that to everyday life that's challenging yet very worth attempting. I think one of the saddest and most common phrases I hear ppl say(including ME) when they get home from vacation is: oh - back to reality. Does our "reality" have to be so dreadful? It's kinda f*ked up if you think about it. We should always strive to live our lives fully and passionately - not only reserved for vacations. You know why? Bcos life is short.

I am very lucky to have these opportunities to travel. I never take it for granted. One thing that upsets me is when ppl don't respect of even understand where this comes from. I ran into a relative the other day and that relative managed to put me in such a bad mood. I have never met someone so critical and judgmental of me before. There were a few un-necessary and inappropriate words that came at me. I felt it came from ignorance more than anything. How can you manage be open to someone who is so CLOSED minded in their way of thinking. It's twenty twelve. Look around, things are different now. It's funny bcos growing up I used to look up to this person. Don't know why there's so much negativity surrounding them now but I guess everyone has their own battles to fight.



LA was full of one of my most favorite things - beaches. We went beach hopping and managed to hit up Laguna, New Port, Huntington Beach, Malibu, Santa Monica and Venice.

Do I have a favorite? They are all so different so its hard to say. Laguna and New Port were more quiet. It felt a bit retirement-ish but Laguna had the best paninis I've ever tasted. Malibu was closed off...I think its more of a private beach than a public one so we didnt get to see much. Venice was very interesting. So many diff types of ppl and things to see. I enjoyed it bcos it was so lively and colorful filled with artists, street preformers, vendors and shops. I remember wandering into a mystical store that sold belly dancing items. I was like - oooooh!

Here I am eyeing and drooling over some pasteries at the Famer's market. I noticed that they have a lot of bakeries and frozen yogurt stalls everywhere. Am I in heaven or what? Most favorite things: beaches, pasteries, frozen yogurt and yoga. hmmm... cali seems to be calling me.

These japanese crepes were to die for! I think we went there 3 times during our visit. Couldnt get enough. The batter was that egg batter...the one used to make those chineses honeycomb pastries. They break off into little balls if anyone knows what Im talking about. lol* but the flavors of the crepe went so well with the chicken and sweet sauce. Yummers!

Sweaty and sunkissed! oh ya!

hm, do you think I've perfected my red carpet pose?

10 comments:

  1. LOVE this post, Cindee!!
    I have never been to California but it has always been on the top of my list of places to visit. I've felt drawn to it my whole life! (Love that vintage Barbie pic at the top btw).
    I didn't really get the travelling bug until maybe a year ago .. I don't think I was secure enough to want to get out of my comfort zone. But NOW it has hit and if I could do one thing for the rest of my life, it would be travel. You are so lucky to have the time and funds needed to see the world! We only live once, so you are right, take advantage of every opportunity you get to broaden your mind set. My main big trip I'm starting to plan and save for is Japan next Spring. Really want to see Kyoto and Osaka =) You and Daniel Craig make a hot pair! haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Kim!! I'm glad you were able to push past your comfort zone. The areas in our life that we fear most are usually the parts that have the biggest potential for growth. I am so excited for you to visit Japan. I've always wanted to go there but haven't had the chance yet. Let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos of your trip. I must say I love traveling since I like the new experiences. I'm from Cali and definitely a San Diego girl, I mIss it so much.

    Kinda sad how relatives tend to be the most judgmental, it has happened to me too much from my relatives too but just ignore it caus as long as your satisfied with yourself, that's all that matters.

    Looks like you had a nice trip, nice us loses tan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun and I wish I can go back soon. I've never been to San Diego before. what's it like, what do you like most about it?

      Ya im not very good with my relatives. I don't know how to relate to them - esp when they don't take the time to understand me before jumping to conclusions about the person I am. I like to keep my distance. Im lucky my parents aren't like that tho. Thx for your supportive words. It definitely makes a difference when I acknowledge that I dont need their approval to be happy with myself.

      Delete
  3. Cindee!!

    I'm so glad your blogging again! :) Ive missed you so much. Your photos of your birthday and new years are absolutely stunning! And I'm so happy you have found your soul-mate! :) I'm actually going to LA for a few days to visit a friend for the first time, so its funny you posted something about LA! I'm really excited! I hope I enjoy it as much as you do, Seattle has been dumped with snow, this past week. About 15 inches! So I'm ready for some sun once this week is over! Well I am so glad you're back and I hope you're doing well. I keep meaning to send out your package but haven't gotten the chance to! As soon as the snow melts I will! I promise! :)

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh Sylv I miss you too. Im happy to be back as well. I have better energy now to keep going =)

      You're going to LA??? fun!! =) You gotta tell me how it goes. You're lucky that you have a friend there that can take you around to all the hot spots. You'll definitely get the most out of it. Do you know what you guys have planned yet?

      15 inches of snow? woah! that's a bit rare for Seattle isnt it? I know Van hardly gets snow so Im assuming its not much diff in C-town. Dont worry about the package babe. I still need to send yours to your new addy. I havent had a chance to either. I think I have a hard time with that kind of stuff. *blush* K, well msg me after ur trip and tell me all about it!! You better come back nicely sunkissed!

      Cin

      Delete
  4. Hi hun!
    I have to say that I feel the exact same way about travelling as you do. When I read your post it was like my thoughts had been expressed on paper/computer. :)
    One of the reasons I love travelling is that it opens up my eyes and my mind to what the rest of the world is like. Although I know how big the world is out there, I don't really realise this until I'm actually in another country and I think to myself how beautiful and amazing it is or how different it is.
    I haven't travelled as much as I'd like to though because I guess I've put other things first in the past. Now I'm ready to make more time for travelling and to explore the rest of the world.
    Anyway, I thought I'd share a bit of my thoughts on travelling with you. Love your photos btw. :)

    Love Lig xOx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's so trippy. I love it when that happens. That's cos we've got this connection going on ya know?? *nudge nudge* hehe. Where was the last place you traveled to? Yes - it is such an incredible feeling when you view life in that perspective. You learn so much about yourself and how empowered and uplifted your spirit is capable of experiencing. Its def a freedom that cant be defined - only felt. I'm still trying to practice applying it into my daily life but its quite difficult. But you know what they say - practice makes perfect =)

      Thx for sharing your thoughts =) We should go travel together!!

      Delete
    2. Lol, I definitely think there's a connection between us. ;) Great minds really do think alike! The last place I went to was actually a few places all in one trip. My partner and I went to Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City and Nha Trang). Our favourite out of the three was Phuket, it was probably because we were the most relaxed and got to do the most things while we there. Next on my list are Hong Kong and New York, plus many more places to follow (Canada being one of them also)! hehe What's your next destination?
      It's so easy to dream about the places we want to go to but difficult to incorporate it into our daily life. I will definitely practice it more though! lol

      I would love to meet up with you one day! Perhaps you can venture to Australia and I'll head to Canada and we can show each other around! :)

      Delete
  5. You are crazy hot!!!

    ReplyDelete

hi luv. speak your mind...whisper your secrets...kiss your words as you blow them into my ears

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...